Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cherish


Sarah cannot escape the deadly Ludus—a mind-body dissociation game where bodies and souls don't always merge after the game is over.

Sixteen-year-old Sarah Parker's healing touch can bring beings back to life, provided they haven't crossed over. Until now she's managed to keep her gift a secret, but somebody seems determined to expose her and get her back into St. Mary's Orphanage. Four years ago, Sarah was an orphan at St. Mary's who'd lost hope of ever being adopted and faced the gruesome Ludus, a mind-body dissociation game, until Ida showed up. She's lived a dream life since then, but Sarah senses something is amiss. She has pretty much settled into her "new life" when cracks appear in her comfort zone. The last thing Sarah wants is to return to St. Mary's.

When Marcus David, her boyfriend, is accused of murdering a student and Ida is attacked shortly thereafter, Sarah's deepest fears materialize. She loses Ida and Marcus in one breath and returns to St. Mary's. There's no escaping the Ludus and the wrath of her newfound enemies. As Sarah readjusts to St. Mary's, she learns the orphanage holds crucial secrets to her past.

Buy Link

1. I write because… to me it is as natural as breathing.
2. If I were your favorite cookie, what would I be?
 Choc chip ice cream cookie because I have never tasted one.
3. Plotter or pantster?
reformed panster. Plotting makes a world of difference.
4. What is your favorite type of character to write about and why?
paranormal. Because you have no human limitations.
5. Hamburgers or sushi?
neither.  Does grilled chicken or frid peanut bars count?
6. Name three things on your desk.
Religious deity, my  iPad, pens - lots of pens.
7. What books have influenced your writing style?
Twilight, Fallen (Lauren Kate) and most recently the Percy Jackson series.
8. Tell us a little about your book.

9. What advice do you have for new and aspiring authors?
Write, write, write and approach publishers such as Lycaon. Press who have open calls for submission. Editors have valuable advice to offer and writers should take advantage of it.

10. What is next on your writerly horizon?
A new Adult series. Book #1 is due for release on May 2nd. I am working on book #2
Top 5 favorite (pick one) desserts, movies, things to eat, ice cream flavors, bookeat books.


Excerpt:

I skip breakfast and leave for school before Ida's even up. I'm rushing down the hall, anxious to catch a glimpse of Marcus when I run into someone.

"Sorry."

"I'll survive," a husky male voice replies.

My gaze travels past the solid muscle I rushed into and into a classically beautiful face that could have been ripped right off the pages of Teen. He's hot, and he knows it.

"Armando Perez." He holds out his right hand and smiles, expecting me to shake it and swoon.

He's gorgeous, but I'm not going to show him I think so. "Sarah Parker."

"Pleasure's all mine." He takes my hand, raises it to his lips, and kisses it.

His spontaneous gesture stuns me—I almost ignore the sudden shiver creeping up my spine. "I have to get going."

"See you around, Miss Parker."

I run before he says anything else.

Pri is engrossed in conversation when I join her and Andy. "You guys should've been there." Pri gestures dramatically. "O rocked." Andy and I are sitting on the ledge of the fairy fountain. Marcus hasn't arrived yet.

"What exactly rocked? The crowd? The music?" Andy pops a Smartie into his mouth.

"Everything. The crowd isn't the usual losers only after the spotlight. Last night totally amazed me." She tilts Andy's box of Smarties into her mouth. "I swear I felt totally in my element at O. Antoinette introduced me to the coolest people."

"Will Antoinette help me find a boyfriend there?" Andy asks.

"She can if you're into goths, vampires, and zombies."

"I'm into anything that loves me as I am," Andy says, stifling a grin.

Pri rolls her eyes. "O isn't a joke, Andy. It's a happening place if you're after a rocking evening."

"Who's planning a rocking evening?" Marcus smiles at me before greeting Andy and Pri.

"Me. Andy's desperate for a boyfriend," Pri says.

"Nothing wrong with that." Marcus grins and winks at Andy.

"Yeah. But O isn't exactly a place for casual relationships."

Marcus hangs on to Pri's every word. I had no idea he was into O at all. "Exactly what goes on there?" He's more curious than his voice lets on. I can tell from the way his gaze never leaves Pri's while he waits for her answer.



Author bio:

Sheritha is thirty-something South African writer. She lives on the Kwa-Zulu Natal North Coast where winter is almost non – existent. She has been writing since the age of twelve and often spaced out during Math and biology while dreaming up new plots for her many romance novels. Sheritha shares her home with her family and two canines.

Sheritha is currently developing Lace Higgins's writing  career. There are plenty sexy stories for Lace to write.
Sheritha's publishing credits include:
Cherish – Lycaon Press www.lycaonpress.com
Witch Apprentice – Crimson Volume 2 Anthology short story – writing as Lace Higgins. www.breathlesspress.com
Sheritha loves hearing from readers. Tweet her @Shersinghzn
shersinghzn.wordpress.com
https://m.facebook.com/SherithaSingh?ref=stream




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!